- Handle: Hippie
- Real Name: Jim Corbit
- D.O.B.: March 16, 1973
- Occupation: Raconteur, Man About Town, Carpet-Bagger From the North
- Marital Status: Nada
- Kids: Yes, I've seen them, officer. They were yay-big and tried to sell me counterfeit Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
- Handle Origin: I live and work in a very conservative town. My politics are considerably leftist in comparison. Oh, and I had long hair. You try that combination and get away without being called "hippie" at least once. So when in need of an alterego for online adventures, I adopted the name Hippie and stopped washing. Actually, I guess the not-washing was unnecessary.
- Alternate Handle(s): unknown
- You Can Find Me Capping: I'll tell you later
I’ve been part of the “nightshift” cap patrol since February 1997. I watched MST3K debut on the Sci-Fi Channel and logged on for more information, only to discover the Caption This! 1997 through 2001 was a really great time. I made a lot of good friends and we developed some amazing comedy together. As a musician, I’ve played in bands and that’s the best description I can use for what goes on with a great Caption This! night. You play your song, people dig the groove (yes, I just turned into Sammy Maudlin) and join in with their own riff. What starts out as a good tune becomes a fantastic opera. Then, it gets watered down and re-riffed into muzak, but nothing’s perfect. If all we get is a single moment here and there that’s pure happiness, I’ve had more than my share at Caption This! and Inventing Situations.